We are on the lookout for
— current opening
We are looking for Cultural Anthropologists for ongoing project-based work. Our firm helps create stronger relationships between brands and their most important audiences. Therefore, the role of anthropology and the social sciences is to aid in mapping the cultural nuances relevant in the establishment of these relationships and the development of sound communications strategy.
• Collaborate with clients and Aegis team members to effectively define business problems and propose the most appropriate qualitative research approach that supports solutions to those problems
• Design, conduct and report on qualitative research at the front end of the Design Thinking process in an effort to uncover deep seeded consumer needs
• Support the execution of the qualitative research activities, fieldwork and the collection and analysis of data
• Leverage knowledge from clients to uncover better insights
• Participate in cross-functional teams to identify market trends, emerging opportunities with target market segments, business value propositions, and potential product development/ enhancement
• Be an ambassador for user research, ethnography and the practiced art of empathy inside a large organizations
• Administrative duties, such arranging schedules with research subjects
• The applicant must have a MA or PHD degree in culture anthropology
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience on a wide range of qualitative research techniques and knowledge of quantitative research
• Prior experience independently carrying out research projects, fieldwork and analysis or other context with applications beyond the purely academic
• Ability to clearly communicate research insights for non-researchers, excellent facilitation, communication and collaboration skills with external and internal teams alike
• Innovative thinker with proven experience to demonstrate outside of the box thinking
• Experience in and/or success with small start-ups is a plus
• Some quantitative methods experience is a plus
• Very well organized and an excellent planner
Please share a cover letter and resume. Apply here
Aegis has a contract position opening for a talented intermediate strategic designer, opportunity to the full-time position. You are not only a talented, creative designer, but also a strategic thinker. You have strong aesthetic instincts and exceptional typography skills, attention to detail, willing to go beyond expectation. You are able to manageing multiple projects from concept, through production and completion.
• Contribute to brainstorming sessions and deliver creative solutions to meet project objectives. Designers will not just execute ideas, but also be part of the research and creative process.
• With the project lead and creative lead, participate in meetings to evaluate project scope and understand creative design needs.
• Collaborate with project teams to develop supporting assets and presentation materials including journey maps, sales tools, info-graphics, event themes and collateral, and online assets.
• To manage all design aspect of the project, from clarification of the design brief, to managing design timeline to ensure the production is meeting the deadlines.
• Determine and influence project strategy through design thinking.
• Translate high strategy / visions into successful design solutions
• Experience in branding, magazine, annual report, book design and information design.
• A genuine interest in consumer needs and behavior.
• The ability to work smoothly with cross function team members, exchanging ideas collaboratively.
• Highly organized, methodical and works well under pressure.
• Able to work independently and within a team.
• Experience in interactive/ web design considered a strong asset.
• Knowledge of print production, experience reviewing proofs and attending press approvals.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, PDF of 5 your best portfolio pieces or link to online portfolio, and salary expectations. Apply here
Brand Strategist (Project)
Aegis is interested in ongoing relationships with senior-level Brand Strategists to augment our team when work flow expands beyond capacity. The scope of our work includes helping clients attain better clarity about corporate purpose and trajectory; build stronger differentiation in markets; and gain stronger traction with audiences.
Aegis is interdisciplinary. Working on our team means working with anthropologists, designers, management consultants, writers and other brand and business strategists.
The ideal candidate would have expertise and experience in the following activities:
• Develop brand strategy for clients that ensures consistent narrative across all communications
• Distilling what’s at the heart of a client’s company
• Working with data and data scientists to build strategies with traction in the market
• Positioning or repositioning brands for greater success in their category
• Developing ongoing campaigns or strategies to meet our client’s business goals
• Collaborating internally to spark creative ideas with other teams
• Developing customer journey maps and segmentations
• Creating decks and presentations from beginning to end
• Presenting team’s work to clients
Preference is given to candidates with a business degrees and 5+ years of experience.
Please share a cover letter and resume. Apply here